Finding the best Matic wallet can be a tricky task in 2023. With the increasing popularity of Polygon MATIC — a protocol for Ethereum-based scaling solutions — and its use in decentralized finance (DeFi) applications, more and more wallets are becoming available that offer MATIC token support.
Making the wrong choice can be costly, so choosing a wallet with the features and security you need is important.
To help you make the right decision, we have put together this list of the top 10 best Polygon MATIC wallets in 2023:
What is a Matic (Polygon) Wallet?
A polygon wallet is specifically designed to hold MATIC tokens and interact with the Polygon blockchain. It is similar to an Ethereum wallet but tailored for the Polygon protocol and MATIC tokens.
Polygon wallets allow users to interact with the Polygon network and participate in decentralized applications (dApps) built on top of it. Wallets can store MATIC tokens, manage transactions, view transaction history, and check account balances.
Best Polygon (Matic) Wallets in 2023
Below are the top 10 best Polygon wallets in 2023:
1. Crypto.com Wallet
One of the best Polygon Matic wallets in 2023 is Crypto.com Wallet. It offers support for MATIC tokens, as well as other major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The wallet provides a secure platform to store your funds and offers features such as 2-factor authentication, spending limits, and account recovery in case of emergency.
One of the most notable features of the Crypto.com Wallet is that it allows users to earn interest on their MATIC tokens. This makes it a great choice for those who want to use their MATIC tokens to generate passive income.
- Convenience: A cryptocurrency wallet like Crypto.com Wallet can conveniently store and manage your digital assets. The wallet can allow you to access your cryptocurrencies from any device with an internet connection, and you can use it to make transactions or track your portfolio performance.
- Security: Crypto.com Wallet may offer various security features, such as multiple layers of protection, secure storage of private keys, and the ability to enable two-factor authentication. These features can help protect your cryptocurrencies from unauthorized access or hacking.
- Charges fees for Defi rewards: Crypto.com Wallet charges fees for the Defi rewards feature, which can reduce your returns on MATIC tokens staked in the wallet.
We can’t talk about the best MATIC wallet and fail to mention Tezro. This is one of the most popular wallets available and offers users a secure way to store their MATIC tokens.
Tezro boasts a wide range of features, including 2-factor authentication, multi-signature functionality, and a secure storage system for private keys. It also has a disruptive chat payment technology that allows users to easily send MATIC tokens across chat messages.
Tezro Escrow is another unique feature that allows users to create and manage a secure escrow account. It is designed to protect buyers and sellers during cryptocurrency transactions.
- Non-Custodial: Tezro is a non-custodial wallet, meaning you have full control over your MATIC tokens. You don’t need to trust any third party with your funds since they are securely stored in your own wallet.
- User-friendly interface: The user interface of Tezro is easy to navigate and understand. This makes it a great choice for beginners who want to use MATIC tokens.
- Livestream shopping: Tezro’s Livestream shopping feature allows users to buy items with MATIC tokens and other cryptos in real-time. This is a great way to become more involved in the Polygon network and promote the currency’s adoption.
- Relatively new: This may not be a disadvantage to some users, but it is worth noting that Tezro is still relatively new to the market. Therefore, some features may not be as developed or reliable as those of more established wallets.
3. Ledger Nano X
One of the Matic wallets that offer the highest level of security is the Ledger Nano X. This hardware wallet is designed to protect users’ funds from various threats and allows them to securely store their MATIC tokens.
The Ledger Nano X features an intuitive user interface, making it easy for even beginners to use. It also supports more than 1000 cryptocurrencies, including MATIC tokens. Additionally, the wallet allows you to manage multiple accounts on one device and offers additional features such as 2-factor authentication and a secure PIN code.
This hardware wallet boasts its own operating system, BOLOS, which ensures that all data stored on the wallet is secure from malicious attacks. Additionally, you can easily manage your MATIC tokens via the Ledger Live application.
- High security: The high-level security features of the Ledger Nano X make it an ideal choice for users who want to keep their MATIC tokens safe from hackers and other malicious threats.
- Bluetooth enabled: The wallet comes with a Bluetooth connection for even more convenience when managing your MATIC tokens.
- Multi-platform: This wallet is also compatible with macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS platform.
- Costly: Ledger Nano X is one of the pricier Matic wallets available in the market. It can cost up to $150, depending on where you purchase it.
- No exchange: Unfortunately, you cannot directly exchange MATIC tokens for other currencies on the Ledger Nano X. You will need to use an external service or platform for that purpose.
- Limited support for Defi: The Ledger Nano X does not support some Defi protocols, such as Uniswap or Compound, limiting its use for certain users.
MetaMask is one of the most popular web-based wallets, that allows users to securely store and manage their MATIC tokens. It is a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Edge browsers.
MetaMask has a user-friendly interface and allows you to interact directly with decentralized applications (DApps) from your wallet. It also supports ERC-20 and Matic tokens, making it a great choice for MATIC holders. In addition, MetaMask offers extra security features such as two-factor authentication and hardware wallet support.
MetaMask also allows users to quickly and securely swap between different cryptocurrencies. This is done through the MetaMask Swaps exchange, which integrates with third-party exchanges such as ShapeShift and Changelly.
- Easy to use: MetaMask has a straightforward and easy-to-navigate interface, making it suitable for beginner users.
- Open-source: MetaMask is open-source, meaning it is regularly audited and updated by the community. This ensures that your funds remain safe and secure at all times.
- Integration with ledger hardware wallets: MetaMask can be integrated with a hardware wallet, providing an extra layer of security.
- Security Concerns: MetaMask has had some security issues in the past. These have been addressed, but it is still important to be aware of potential risks.
Only available as a browser extension: MetaMask is only available as a browser extension, which may be inconvenient for some users.
5. Trust Wallet
Trust Wallet is a non-custodial wallet for storing Polygon MATIC tokens and a host of other popular cryptocurrencies. With Trust Wallet, users can securely store their tokens in an intuitive and user-friendly interface without worrying about third parties having access to their funds.
Trust wallet supports over 4.5 million assets and tokens with the ability for users to exchange and store them. The mobile wallet is also compatible with popular decentralized applications (apps) and platforms, such as Aave, Compound, dYdX, PancakeSwap, and more. Furthermore, Trust Wallet’s secure system has integrated multiple levels of security, including fingerprint lock, recovery seed phrase, and two-factor authentication.
For added convenience, Trust wallet provides users with an in-app Polygon MATIC exchange that allows instant transactions. This feature makes it easy to swap tokens without going through a third-party platform or service provider.
- Easy setup: Trust Wallet is one of the easiest wallets to get up and running. The user interface is simple and intuitive, making it easy for both new users and experienced traders alike to start using Polygon MATIC tokens securely.
- Staking options: Trust Wallet also allows users to stake their tokens. This allows users to earn rewards while simultaneously providing a secure way of storing their funds.
- Doesnt has cold storage: Trust Wallet only provides users with a hot wallet for storing their Polygon MATIC tokens. This means that users are vulnerable to online attacks and hacking.
- Limited customer support: Users are limited in the level of customer support that they can receive when using Trust Wallet. This is because the wallet does not offer a 24/7 support team.
6. Binance Wallet
The Binance Wallet is the best polygon wallet for a good reason. Developed and maintained by the Binance exchange, this wallet has one of the largest lists of supported tokens and coins. Not only does it support Polygon MATIC, but also other popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
The Binance Wallet provides users with a safe and secure way to store their Polygon MATIC tokens. It is also highly reliable, with its in-app exchange allowing for easy and secure token exchanges without going through a third-party service provider.
This wallet has SegWit and Bech32 address support. SegWit reduces transaction fees while increasing the speed of transactions. Bech32 address support provides users with an extra layer of security by accidentally making it more difficult to send tokens to an incorrect address.
- Highly secure: The Binance Wallet is one of the most secure wallets available on the market. It provides users with multiple layers of security, including fingerprint and face ID lock, recovery seed phrase, and two-factor authentication.
- Integrated exchange: The in-app Polygon MATIC exchange makes it easy for users to swap tokens without going through a third-party platform or service provider.
- Cold storage: This wallet stores most of its user funds in cold storage, meaning they are offline and safe from online attacks or hacks.
- Limited customer support: While the wallet does provide users with customer support, it is limited and can be slow to respond at times.
- A bit complex for beginners: While the Binance Wallet is user-friendly and intuitive, it can be a bit complex for new users. Thus, those unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies may find it difficult to use.
WalletConnect is a secure and customizable platform that allows users to store their coins and tokens in one place. It supports a wide range of coins and tokens, including MATIC, which makes it an excellent choice for investors. Features:
WalletConnect is one of the most secure wallets available, featuring a decentralized, open-source architecture and end-to-end encryption. It also allows users to securely access their funds from any device and provides an intuitive, user-friendly interface to help them navigate through their wallets. Additionally, it supports multi-signature authorization for added security against hackers and malicious actors.
- Multi-signature: Allows users to store MATIC securely and use multiple signature authorization for added security.
- Compatible with various platforms: WalletConnect is compatible with iOS, Android, and Web wallets.
- Limited customer support: WalletConnect does not offer extensive customer support and can be difficult to reach in case of technical issues.
High transaction fees: Transaction fees are slightly high on WalletConnect compared to some other wallets.
Trezor is a hardware wallet developed by Satoshi Labs. It is one of the most popular and secure wallets available, and it supports a wide range of coins and tokens, including MATIC.
Trezor is a multifunctional device that offers secure storage and management of multiple digital currencies. It integrates with various wallets and exchanges, allowing users to easily access their funds without relying on third-party services. Additionally, it comes with advanced security features like two-factor authentication and physical tamper resistance that help protect user funds.
- Highly secure: Being a hardware wallet, Trezor is extremely secure. It also includes advanced features like two-factor authentication and physical tamper resistance to further protect user funds.
- Good support: Trezor has an active community of users that can provide support if needed. Additionally, their customer service is often considered top-notch.
- Expensive: Trezor is one of the more expensive hardware wallets available. Depending on the device you buy, you might have to part with $59-$149.
9. Atomic Wallet
Atomic wallet is a secure, non-custodial cryptocurrency storage solution. It’s good for investors who want an easy and secure way to store their crypto assets. With the Atomic wallet, you can easily store and manage your MATIC tokens.
The wallet has a user-friendly interface that allows you to buy, exchange, and send tokens in just a few clicks.
One of the notable features of this wallet is that private keys are stored on the device, meaning that only you have them. The wallet also supports ShapeShift, Changelly, and Simplex integration for faster cryptocurrency exchanges.
Additionally, Atomic provides additional features such as a built-in portfolio tracker, staking capabilities, an atomic swap marketplace, and more.
In terms of security, the wallet supports two-factor authentication, hardware wallet integration, and biometric data encryption. All these features make Atomic one of the best wallets for MATIC tokens in 2023.
- Supports staking: Atomic lets you stake your MATIC tokens for rewards and get passive income.
- Excellent customer service: Atomic’s customer service is known to be fast and responsive, providing users with the help they need in a timely manner.
- In-wallet crypto purchases: You can buy cryptocurrencies directly from within the wallet using your credit/debit card or bank transfer.
- Potential vulnerabilities: Although Atomic is generally considered secure, potential vulnerabilities and bugs can’t be ruled out.
- Not open-source: The wallet’s code is unavailable for public scrutiny, which may make some users wary of its security.
SafePal is a multi-currency cryptocurrency wallet designed to be user-friendly and secure. It’s a go-to choice for many Polygon MATIC users thanks to its ease of use, intuitive interface, and multiple layers of security.
SafePal supports various staking options like liquidity pool staking, super-node staking, and simple wallet staking — enabling you to maximize your MATIC holdings. It comes with a Key-deletion tool that allows you to securely delete your wallet data and keep your MATIC asset safe. It also features a hack-proof EAL5+ secure element that stores your private key and provides a secure environment for digital asset transactions.
- Cold storage: SafePal is equipped with a secure element that stores your private key offline, providing an extra layer of security.
- Security: It supports multiple layers of security like biometrics authentication and a 24-word mnemonic phrase.
- Staking options: SafePal enables you to maximize your MATIC holdings with its staking options.
- Doesn’t support some assets: Some trending assets such as Litecoin, Monero, TRON, and EOS are not supported on SafePal.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Select the Best Matic (Polygon) Wallet?
When choosing the best Matic wallet, it is important to consider several factors. First and foremost, you will want to make sure that the wallet offers strong security features. Look for wallets that offer Multi-signature authentication, two-factor authentication, or biometric authentication options. Also, find out if the wallet supports hardware storage for additional security.
How to get a Matic (Polygon) Wallet?
Getting a Matic Wallet is quite easy. Most wallets with Matic support can be downloaded from their respective websites. You will need to create an account with the wallet provider and follow the instructions to download and set up the wallet.
You can also purchase hardware wallets that are specifically designed for use with Matic. These come in the form of a USB drive or other physical device and will offer greater security than most software wallets, as they store your funds offline.
Is Matic Wallet (Polygon) Safe?
Matic wallets are generally considered as safe as any other blockchain-based wallet. They offer a range of security features to protect your funds, including two-factor authentication and multi-signature authentication options. Additionally, hardware wallets provide an extra layer of protection by storing your funds offline.
- MATIC is a protocol for Ethereum-based scaling solutions and it is used in decentralized finance (DeFi).
- When choosing a wallet pick one that offers strong security features and several authentication factors.
- If you are picking a hardware wallet make sure it supports Polygon MATIC before buying it.
- Hardware wallets are generally safer because they can store funds offline.
Now that you have an extensive list of the best Polygon MATIC Wallets in 2023, you can make an informed decision about which wallet is right for your needs.
It’s prudent to choose multiple wallets to diversify your funds and protect them in the best way possible. Always make sure that the wallet you are selecting is legitimate and secure.
By following this guide, you can ensure that you have chosen the perfect wallet for your Polygon MATIC needs. Download Tezro app and keep your Polygon MATIC assets safe.